My little Walter

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Stealth Set-up

How can I get Walter to drink water without me having to lug one gallon jugs to the fence line only to have him turn me down?  The heat has already set in...sometimes my back feels good sometimes it does not.  I really do not want his owners to see I am watering him or they will become lazier and even more irresponsible than they already are.

They either fed him late this morning or he was not hungry as when I went to check up on him he still had a little hay left but as usual hardly any water in his barrel...even then he would not drink any of the cool fresh water I brought him.

Here he is ignoring me!

I decided to set up the only big bucket I have on top of my plastic chair and put it in a location where you can not see it from the street or where it would be in the way when I feed him.  I know having a red bucket is not exactly being stealth but unless they go into the corral and then come to the fence it is not visible and if it is...maybe it will shame them into filling up his barrel...though I sincerely doubt it.





That house in the background is an abandoned house
so no one can see it from there.


A clean bucket with plenty of water

Here you are looking at it from another part of the property that I do not usually walk by as there are a lot of cactus, ants, mesquite trees and thorny bushes but today I got tired of carrying one gallon jugs and got the garden hose as close as I could get it to his corral.







This is the view from the little path I take to go to his corral and that is also visible from the street...see you can hardly see my new set-up :-)

You can't see the red bucket from this angle
thanks to the purple sage bush.


Here you see Mr. Walter caving in and finally taking a drink!








2 comments: