My little Walter

Saturday, May 4, 2013

No Change

Have not written a new post since everything is pretty much the same.  Wednesday morning (May 1st) I went to open the gate at 7:00 a.m.  I do not know if they ever made it home last night or not...if they did they were gone to work and school.

I did find that someone had filled his water barrel and fed him both his pellets and hay.  Remember I had given the kid credit for placing his hay away from that sharp plastic thing hanging on his corral?  Well I spoke too soon because it appears he was fed by someone else.  I am thinking the cousin or a friend of the family. I say this because this morning his brick of hay was safely away from that plastic and this afternoon when the kid fed him he just threw the brick of hay where he usually does.

Thursday the winds were bad and that plastic thing kept on rattling.  There is a grove of mesquite trees that I have to pass through to get to his corral and I did not want to chance it and get hit on the head.  I made my way around another part of the lot and found him laying down taking cover from the wind and using the cinder block fence as a wind break.

Friday I went to open the gate and when I looked toward his owners house I saw the figure of two men talking on the driveway so I could not go check up on him.  Just before we left for Mexico I went to take him some water but he declined.  We got back late and I did not get to see him till almost 10:00 p.m.  Fed him and had to plead with him to drink water...he only had half a gallon...at least that told me he had water in his barrel.

Since this is the weekend I try to stay away but I do look out the kitchen window to see what he is up to.  I never saw him being fed so when I went to close the gate this evening I walked over there and noticed that his owners were not home.  They must of left early because their porch light was not turned on.  Fed him his pellets which he gobbled up so I gave him an extra portion to tie him over until tomorrow and again offered him water but he did not want any :(

No comments:

Post a Comment