My little Walter

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Temper Tantrum

Yesterday and today Walter has thrown a temper tantrum.  As I have mentioned before...I always offer him water before I feed him because 8 out of 10 times he prefers food over water...even if his barrel happens to be empty as has been the case on both days.

I pleaded with him to please drink more water as it was hot and he has no shade.  I guess he was frustrated and just wanted to be fed and for me to take the green tub away from his face.  Guess what he did?  He put his lower face in the tub swirled it around and then tried to splash me!  Actually he didn't try...he did splash me!

No water

No pellets
Today he tried to pull the same number on me but he got a good scolding!  Came back 3 hours later and he saw the error in his ways as that kid had not bothered to feed or water him.  He drank 5 gallons without a whimper.

Noticed he had downed his barrel so the kid could see it was empty.


His pellet ice chest was empty as well and it was already 8:12 p.m.


The mother and kids came home around 8:30 p.m. and he was finally fed.  His barrel also seemed to have been filled but being night I did not have the benefit of the sun to know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment