My little Walter

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Handsome in his saddle

Went to check up on Walter around eleven or so and was surprised someone had given him hay.  The water level on his barrel was way down but I did not worry since he still had a full bucket on his "stealth set-up".

I was looking out the kitchen window when I saw his owner backing in his truck next to the corral.  Watched for a while and then decided I would go sit outside.  That is when I noticed that his owner was directing whoever was driving so they could hitch up to Walter's trailer.

Was surprise to say the least when it became apparent that the one driving was the kid...had no idea he could drive but I seriously doubt he is sixteen or for that matter has a driving permit.  But what the heck...I really do not care as long as he doesn't run into me!

Walter was going nuts...running from one side of his corral to the other...I had observed that he does this anytime they hook up his trailer.  Apparently he did not want to go wherever they were taking him.  I was glad I decided to sit outside because both the father and the kid saw me.

They think we don't pay attention to what is going on...BUT WE DO...like when they were building Walter's shade structure and they both came into our property and were rifling through some stuff we have on that lot to complete his structure.  It would have been nice if they had asked first and not trespassed on private property or taken stuff that was not theirs...even though it was to benefit Walter.

Saw them taking out a bunch of junk from his horse trailer.  I firmly believe they would have probably dumped some of that in our lot had I not been outside watching them.  In the past I have picked up old horse shoes and junk that only they could have tossed over.


I thought it odd that after they dumped all this junk they did not put Walter in the trailer but rather his owner walked him up to the house and the kid drove the truck to their driveway.  It was around 4:30 p.m.

Mother and I decided to drive to the Duck Pond around 8:10 p.m. to feed and water Claire (the poor mare) when we saw Walter's trailer heading back home and he saw us too!  He had a saddle on him and I would have loved  to have been able to take his picture!  So that was the reason why he walked him up to the house where obviously they keep his saddle.  I was glad for Walter as he is mostly a prisoner in that poop laden corral.

After I got back from feeding Claire I went to visit him and saw that he was fed and watered well this evening.  Good thing because I fed his dinner to that poor mare :-(

2 comments:

  1. You should write a letter to the editor of your local paper,,,,see if you could shame them into doing something about both those horses...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all honestly hardly no one buys our local newspaper.

    My mother is another factor...she is afraid either the Sheriff's department or the owners of the horses will retaliate.

    ReplyDelete