My little Walter

Monday, June 24, 2013

Claire / Grumpy Walter

On the way to town I passed the Duck Pond and saw that Claire was no longer there but did not give it much thought.  My mother lives in the southern edge of Val Verde county and up until a few years ago there was only one way in and one way out of the sub-division.  We had a hundred year flood that made the Duck Pond rise and cut us off from the rest of town for days.  It became apparent that a back way out was necessary.  After years of negotiations with owners of ranches a road to the north part of town became a reality.  They named it Milagro (Spanish for miracle) because it was a miracle it was ever built.

The north part of town is where the mall, Walmart, restaurants and Lake Amistad are located.  Even though mother does not like that road...I do...because there is hardly any traffic.  Decided to take the back way home and without even looking for Claire...I found her!


I was not in dad's old car but in mother's mini-van but she recognized me just the same :)   This is not where she lives or perhaps it is now.  I think she must belong to the son of the owner of the house where I thought she lived.  I saw a kid with his dog walking to said house as he observed me talking to his horse. :D


On the other front Mr. Walter is mad at me and has been since his return.  I walk to the fence and try to get him to come up to me so I can pet him...but he is having none of that...he is ignoring me :(

The wind has been blowing pretty hard and that long metal thing is not secure and keeps on rattling.  It scares him so he has not been in his shade structure.

My mother thinks Walter is bipolar.  I think he blames me for his recent trip to the nephew's house.  Who knows?  Hope he gets over it soon.

2 comments: