My little Walter

Monday, June 17, 2013

Walter has been gone for two weeks

Today makes two weeks to the day Ramón (made up name) took Walter to his nephew's house.  Mother and I were outside around 9:30 a.m. when we noticed activity by his corral.   I saw the kid putting one of the many blue water barrels they have laying around their yard in the back of their truck.

Figured if they are taking him a water barrel and had not bothered doing so the first two weeks...then he is probably going to be gone for a while longer or they discovered the nephew was not watering him and were going to rectify the situation.  All kinds of things went through my head...but I will think positive thoughts as I only want Walter to be better off with the nephew than he is with his owners.

Pacquiao, the family dog was running loose and came into our property through the down fence where he proceeded to poop right by where I had made a hole to plant a new shrub.  He has his house, he has lots of places in between here and there and he chooses to do it in front of our house....grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I opened up the gate early this morning as I did not know if the mechanic was going to show up or not.  Saw when Ramón and son got in the pickup and came down our street.  Pacquiao came running after the truck, the owner stopped and yelled for him to go back and took off again.  The dog continued to chase them and he parked in front of our house and got off as the dog ran into our yard.  He saw mother and I and even though I said hello...he did not even acknowledge us but he sure came into our property, picked up some rocks and started throwing them at the poor dog, who then ran home.

The kid got off the truck to watch and both mother and I said Hi...so he had no other choice but return our hello.  Mom said she was going inside and I followed her.  Ramón is a very strange fellow who clearly has no respect for private property and by example is teaching that to his son.  We were in front of his darn face and he should have asked for permission to walk into our yard.  If it wasn't because of Walter...he would have gotten an ear full!

No comments:

Post a Comment