My little Walter

Monday, June 3, 2013

Walter has been sent to the nephew's house

We were leaving for this hospital this morning when I saw his owner walking Walter towards our house.  I stopped at the gate and asked him if he was bringing him to graze.  He said no...he was taking him to his nephew's house but would  bring him by later.

In the past when I have reported him to the authorities, the first thing he has done is vanish him to this relative's property.  To my knowledge no one has reported him.  I am  hoping he takes this time to clean out all the poop in the corral and thus cut down on the smell and the darn horse flies.  Not for our or the neighbors benefit...since we pretty much stay indoors during the summer...but for Walter's sake!

When we returned I kept an eye out for him but he never brought him back.  This afternoon I fired up dad's old car and went looking for him but as in the past I have never been able to locate him.  I saw the kid walking late this afternoon but he did not come back with him.

I was watering the trees this evening and decided to check out the corral once more.  There was no Walter but what caught my eye was that they had filled his water barrel so much so that the water had spilt out of it.  Why fill it up if he is not even there?  Could it be that he saw my "stealth set-up"?  Since I have no idea when he will be back...I decided to take it down.


2 comments:

  1. Did Walter ever come back, Ms B?

    How long are his visits to the nephew usually?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leilani! Always good to read you.

    Walter has not come back. I saw the kid walking north today in the same direction as his father when I last saw him. Checked the corral late this afternoon but no Walter :(

    In the past he would stay one to two weeks at the nephew's. It wont be a week till Monday June 10th.

    ReplyDelete