My little Walter

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Waldo has literally been trapped :-(

A new month begins and Walter has officially been gone for 51 days and not a clue as to when if ever he will return.  Walked up to his corral and the water they set out for the mare is still there and probably breeding mosquitoes.  No sign of the kid or the father.


If you read my main blog you probably read that I almost ran over Waldo, a cat who runs around  all over the neighborhood, but has a soft spot for my mother's house and sleeping under her cars.


Last night as I was sitting in the kitchen I heard a loud noise sort of like a chain being banged around.  Figure a dog had come in through the downed fence and yelled at it but did not open the door.  This morning I heard the same noise and went outside to investigate.

It was Waldo who was dragging some sort of trap someone had set out and his little leg had gotten caught on it.  I tried to go towards him but he ran away.  Grabbed my camera and went to find him as I softly tried to reassure him that if he did not bite me...I could help him!

Went to get my gloves but he kept on hissing at me.  When I once again tried to get close he jumped the fence with that heavy thing on his foot!  You can not see it very well in the picture but it is there.  I sure hope he has a real owner and that he went home to get it removed but he had already had it for at least twelve hours.


2 comments:

  1. OMG!! Get someone to help you get that off. It will probably get hung on something, so maybe you can find him. Then throw something over him and get it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to see in which direction he went but by the time I got to the fence he had disappeared from sight.

      Can you imagine how scared and frightened he was and the level of pain he must be experiencing? I looked for him today but he has not shown up. I sure hope his owner or someone helps him.

      Delete