My little Walter

Thursday, February 27, 2014

How long has he been without water?

As I have written in my prior posts, I am having problems with pain in my legs and have not been able to walk to the corral to check up on Walter.  Today I was feeling better so I went to start dad's old car since it had been a week since I had last done so.

An agitated Walter...wish I knew how to make a video
he was moving his head from side to side
Dad's car is parked in the side of the house facing south looking towards the corral.  Walter immediately saw me and started neighing loudly and moving his head from side to side.  I just knew something was wrong and I got this gut feeling he needed water.  Grabbed a gallon milk jug and filled it up and also brought along his green container.

It looked like Walter had knocked the barrel down and the darn
kid had only picked it up.  Look where the barrel is at and where
the plastic plumbing is at.

He started running around in his corral kicking up a lot of dust as he waited for me to get there.  He drank that gallon in nothing flat and then he started neighing again as if asking me to bring him some more.  I felt so bad not knowing how long he had been without this precious liquid.


I do not know if it was the adrenaline but I walked back seven times to refill the milk jug and did not feel any pain in my right leg.  I was on my eighth trip when I spotted someone inside the corral.  I hid behind the garage as I waited for them to leave.


It was the darn lazy ass teenager who finally had come to fill his water barrel.  Though I have not come to the corral I have been keeping an eye on him from the kitchen and it occurred to me that I have not seen his worthless owner since Sunday that he hosted that political rally.  Wonder how that candidate would feel if he knew how he treats his animals.


Note how he had to position the barrel under the tubing in order to fill it up.  Had it been full that scrawny kid would not have been able to move it.


For those new readers have to mention that Walter prefers to eat rather than drink water.  He had food but he had not eaten it...that only confirms the fact that he had not been watered in days!


2 comments:

  1. I would have confronted him,, might not have helped, but would have made me feel better. And who knows, maybe it would've.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That duo of father and son are simply worthless...they have no compassion for their animals. Remember the kid locked up his dog in the horse trailer without water in the heat of summer to punish him?

      I am convinced no amount of confrontation would make them change their ways. Besides I don't want them to know I feed and water him when they don't. They and in particular the kid would never water him again.

      Delete