My little Walter

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

New bale of hay...coincidence?

Saturday, I watched when his owner backed up his pick-up to the corral with a big bale of hay on board. The truck and its content were left parked there for hours.  Feeling my legs to be much stronger decided to try to go pay Walter a visit later on that afternoon.



As luck would have it, just as I got to the corral his owner showed up!  Had to greet him and make idle chit chat.  Of course the main topic was the fire at Moody Ranch and how thick the air was with smoke last night.  I asked him when he was going to let Walter come graze on our property.  He ignored me and continue to talk about the fire.  OK...I can take a hint...guess he is never coming :-(


Later on that afternoon I saw there were a couple of canopies in the lot he cleared.  It became obvious to me why he cleared it and why our other neighbor came to help him with his tractor...political reasons.  He hosted one of the candidates running for County Commissioner.


As I was taking the picture I noticed that they had run over this poor stray dog in front of our house.  I had just been outside about an hour before and he wasn't there :-(  

We have no County Animal Control and it was the weekend so I e-mailed our current County Commissioner and they came and picked him up early Monday morning.  Guess I know who is going to get my vote.

It occurred to me that it was funny that the same day he would host a political candidate on his property...he would bring a new bale of hay for Walter...coincidence?


No comments:

Post a Comment