My little Walter

Monday, June 2, 2014

June update

I promised myself that I was not going to write another post until I had something positive to say...have been waiting for a long time.

It really pains me to write the same thing over and over...no water, no food, no one to pay attention to him, his dilapidated shelter, his face covered with horse flies and the one that breaks my heart...eating his own feces.

Last night I went to check on him and someone had fed him earlier as he was munching away on his hay.  However, the water barrel was tilted which indicated that he had little or no water.  Came and offered him some but he turned me down. Got some of the cool water and patted his face with it. I think he just wanted to be petted and then he went back to eating his supper.

I stayed out for a long time watering the trees and I saw someone in a white t-shirt making their way to the corral but could not tell who it was.  This morning we were supposed to go out of town so I was up early and went to check on him. I noticed that his barrel was almost full and not tilted anymore.  I guess someone either last night or earlier today filled it up. It gets better...they had put out more hay for him...Yeah!!!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely hate seeing animals neglected, but letting them go without enough food and water is inexcusable. Thank you for watching out for the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you Gypsy, I hate to see neglect of any kind in people or animals that can not look after themselves. People like his owner should be banned for life from owning animals.

    ReplyDelete