My little Walter

Monday, January 26, 2015

Meet Pedrito

This is Pedrito, I named him in honor of Pedro Sola a commentator of an entertainment show that is beamed to the border from Mexico City called Ventaneando.  While most shows in Mexico will replace you in the blink of an eye, especially if you happen to be older...TV Azteca the network he works for...has chosen to keep him in their ranks.


In Spanish when you use ita (for a female) or ito (for a male) it is a term of endearment. For example I would be Belindita. Though I have been calling him Pedro a lot lately! Pedrito is an older dog and he seems to have had a hard life.  He does not mind very well and he tends to growl.


He has a bum leg but he still manages to follow me wherever I go.  Ralph likes to follow me too and there in lies the problem.  Being a stray dog he does not care for cats and though Ralph was raised with a dog...he does not like Pedrito.

I have set Pedrito straight and told him he better not harm Ralph nor growl at him menacingly.  I hope I have gotten through to him.

Here Ralph keeps a watchful eye on him from his favorite place...on top of dad's old car.


I am just now noticing how chunky little Ralph is getting...he is starting to resemble a butterball turkey :D


4 comments:

  1. I love animals and enjoy your blogs about them. I learned something, too, if it ends in an "a" it is female or if it ends in an "o" it is a male. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Del Rio, the land of the strays... or maybe it's you? It's not everybody that picks up a stray horse that has it's own blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The city of Del Rio has a pound. It is unfortunate that Val Verde County does not have an animal control department when there is an evident need for one.

      Walter is not a stray, he has an owner...a heartless and irresponsible one...but an owner nonetheless.

      Delete