My little Walter

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ralph...the opportunist!

Today started as a nice sunny day.  However, I already knew that a strong cold front was headed this way. Had to get ready for it and bring in the plants.  I also remove anything that might become a flying object as well as cover the exposed pipes.

Managed to wash some hand washables that the strong wind helped accelerate its drying time.  All this time I was looking for and calling out to Ralph but obtained no response.

Of course as soon as I got busy Ralph showed up and jumped on top of dad's old car and started meowing to get my attention.  He is very smart and knows I hang out in the kitchen.  I had other more pressing things to attend to so told him he had to wait.

When I finally went outside to feed him, he was nowhere to be found.  Walked around the front and I could hear a meow but could not tell where it was coming from.  Lucky for me, I had my newer glasses on and saw this orange ball in the neighbors front porch on top of a blue ice chest meowing in their window!  WTH?  I yelled out to him to get down and come eat...he was back in mom's yard in a flash!

I swear that little Ralph is an opportunist just looking for a free handout.  I am sure he has successfully tried this trick before!  Thank goodness mom's neighbors were still at work.  I am sure they think he is ours and that we do not feed him!

Since it is going to be cold this evening (cold for this part of Texas, 28 degrees) I gave him a full can of cat food plus some dry cat food for extra measure...he gobbled it all up.

I am rather surprised that Walter has been here since before the beginning of the New Year. They fed him a small portion of hay this morning but none this evening.  I am so glad he is here and not in his nasty corral.

2 comments:

  1. I've always had cats, know how they use you, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, cats are users alright and they are also great manipulators!

      Delete