My little Walter

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Dogs will have to be tied up for good

As I mentioned on my main blog, we had to go San Antonio for a medical appointment. The local ophthalmologist told me to pack a bag for at least three days in case my mother had to have eye surgery.

Being that I have no one to feed and take care of the strays, I had no choice but to unleash them and leave them a lot of water.  I fed them a good meal and left them a little extra.  As you know dogs are not going to ration their portions.  Boris being the bigger dog eats everything and intimidates the other dogs.

The good thing was that my mother did not require surgery and we made it back home the same day. The bad news was that the dogs ran away from me and did not allow me to re-leash them. This morning they decided to gang up and chase cars...an activity they know pisses me off.  Even Tammy the shy dog joined in.

The neighbor lady walked to the school bus stop with her baby daughter and her mother-in-law's Chihuahua and these dogs decided to go harass her darn dog.  I ran outside to try to get them to stop but they did not pay any mind to me.  She had to pick it up and carry it.

The last thing I want is a lawsuit, so these dogs have got to go.  In the mean time the two male dogs will be permanently tied up.  There is nothing I can do about Tammy as she will not let me go near her. She has now decided to be a guard dog since the other two can no longer do that job.  The bad part is that she thinks the street is also hers and she runs outside through the down fence.

I do not know how helping strays turned out to be such a headache :(

5 comments:

  1. Isn't there an animal control around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Trouble, there isn't. Only the city of Del Rio has an animal control facility but they do not take animals from the county and are emphatic about it.

      There is a dog rescue group but unless the stray is really bad off they wont come out either. Matter of fact they didn't even return my call.

      Delete
  2. Ask the sheriff what to do about a pack of strays in your neighborhood... If the pack had gotten that lady, her kid or her dog the sheriff would have been called in too late.

    They are not your dogs MsBelinda, sometimes we all have to ask for help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they are running like that they are a pack & if no one "owns" them they are wild.

      Good luck!

      Delete
    2. You definitively have a point Rob...I need help!

      Delete