My little Walter

Saturday, December 19, 2015

RIP Little Ralph

I guess I need to be upfront with my readers.  During the episode with the mice, I was asked about Ralph.  If you are new to this blog, Ralph was an adorable stray cat that came into my life last year.



The last time I saw him, he seemed so different, frightened and almost skeletal like.  I do not know what could have happened but it is evident that something drastic took place.


I went looking for him around the neighborhood.  One afternoon I was headed to town when I spotted him. I stopped and called his name...he turned around but I had cut my hair and he did not seem to recognize me...I walked towards him but he took off, as though he was afraid.


Returned to the same area on several occasions but I never saw him again.


I was pruning trees in the lot next to Walter's corral and there was a terrible odor.  That is no surprise as no one ever cleans out Walter's feces and it stinks to high heaven.



Walter kept on neighing as I worked so I went to see him but he did not go to the same area where I usually feed and water him.  Thought it strange but did not give it much thought.


Next day I went to finish the yard work and since the wind was blowing out of the south, the stink was worst.  Something told me to go look and when I did, I found my little Ralph.  I would not have known it was him but I recognized the rings on his tail.


I was furious as poor Walter was forced to endure the smell! I am sure his worthless owners smelled as well as saw him and did nothing about it.  All they had to do was shovel some of his poop on top of Ralph.  All this happened in August when I was having computer issues.

It was a sad ending but I finally got closure and little Ralph now rests in peace in Walter's corral.

4 comments:

  1. I've lost pets too, and some never found. So i think it's better to have the closure you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is best to have closure. I lost my 14 year-old-cat the day mother's handyman came to do the yard...to this day I have no idea what happened to him.

      Delete