My little Walter

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Feeling guilty

This past week we have had spring like temperatures.  It has not even gotten cold so far this year. That all changed today, we had been told in advance about the inclement weather and that was the case. It came as no surprise when the winds, rain, sleet and snow flurries hit us around 10:15 a.m. this morning.

I thought about it last night and again this morning as I looked out the kitchen window and pondered whether or not to untie Pedrito and Boris in light of the changing weather conditions.  I had almost convinced myself to let Pedrito loose when the wind and rain began.  Having spent all of October and half of November practically on my death bed, I decided I could not go out in that kind of weather and risk getting sick again.

I watched from the window as poor Dulcinea was so frightened she was running like a chicken with her head cut off inside of Walter's corral.  I could see Walter's head bobbing from side to side while tied up to one of the many vehicles his owner has on that lot.

There are two dogs in the corner lot across from mother's house and they were howling like wolves.  I guess all the critters were scared and taken by surprise.  That did not change the fact that I felt guilty as all get out.

Though Pedrito drives me nuts, smelling me, following me around and pissing me off by chasing cars...I am fond of him.

Boris...well he has totally changed since he first showed up hungry, thirsty, dirty and with a mild demeanor...but I do not wish him harm either.

Mother told me that I had to be fair and if I untied one, I had to do the same to the other...so I decided to leave them both tied up.  Good thing I did because three teenagers who were crazy enough to go walking in this weather passed by the house and Boris went nuts when he saw them.

Sure wish I could find someone to take him.  Preferably someone who lives in a ranch or in a far off location like Terlingua.  Frann...where are you?


2 comments:

  1. Tough to deal with a dog that's not friendly & is yours by default rather than choice. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete