My little Walter

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Dulcinea by the Duck Pond

Last Wednesday when we were coming back from San Antonio I saw a horse by the Duck Pond in the same spot where Claire used to be.  Remember Claire?


I had gotten up so early that morning and I was way too tired to have anything register in my head.  I commented to Mom that that horse looked familiar but that it was not Claire.

The next day I had to drive into town and when I saw her, it dawned on me that it was Dulcinea.  I am sure it was Walter's owners idea because her owner did not live with his father-in-law at the time.

There she was grazing away but with no water in sight.  I sure hope they brought her water in the evenings.


She was there at least that I am aware of, for three days.  Then suddenly she disappeared as did Walter from his corral.  Perhaps they are at his nephew's house?

No comments:

Post a Comment