My little Walter

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Made a new friend

On my morning walks, I usually have the walking trail all to myself, something I like.  This week though I made a new friend


From afar I thought it was a little dog on Monday I did not have my cellphone with me to take a picture. It would not have served me any purpose as he took off into the woods in a hurry.  That same day on one of my laps something dashed out from the same place and took off so fast I was barely able to make out that it was a whitetail bunny.


Yesterday this cat no longer ran away from me.  I stopped and talked to him and told him what pretty eyes he had (deep blue).  I do not know if he is somebody's pet or is a stray as he is heavier than my boys and looks to be in good health.


Today I thought I would not see him but he showed up later though I was not sure if it was him or not as from this distance all I could see was a beige or white animal. As I got closer I could tell it was him...yes, today I was able to establish he was, in fact, a boy.


He laid down in the same place and watched as I went around and around and eventually leave. When I left the trail I looked back and he was still there.


When I got home I did not notice that Paquito was sitting on the fence partially hidden by the pomegranate tree branches watching me and as I opened the gate jumped down at my feet and start whining he wanted to be fed...darn cat scared me to death.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if Paquito had been watching you watch the other cat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, my new friend was too far away. Remember Paquito is my one-eyed Jack and his vision is limited.

      Delete