My little Walter

Saturday, June 7, 2014

96 degree day

Late yesterday afternoon there were threatening clouds and a lot of wind. Decided to move dad's old car out of the garage in case we got hail and put the Toyota in its place. That is when I saw his owner walking towards the corral carrying a bag of horse pellets on his shoulder.

From my vantage point saw him open up the bag, pour it in a plastic receptacle and then give Walter some along with a portion of hay.  I know he saw me sitting in the car watching him, it did not bother him one bit.  What he forgot was to fill his water barrel...why is it he and the kid always assume it is full?

This afternoon around 1:00 p.m. I went to check on him and he had downed his barrel to let them know it was empty.  They were all home yet no one gave him water.  For those new to the blog...I do not feed or water him on weekends during the day, as I do not want to get caught.


Ran an errand in town and it was terribly hot.  From the road I could see his down barrel.  He was standing beside it like saying "Can't you see I don't have any water?"...I could not stand it, so I filled up some gallon milk jugs and headed for the corral. Poor little Walter, he downed 6.5 gallons.

Had to run another errand this afternoon and gave him two more gallons.  I came home around 8:00 p.m. and nothing had changed.  Last time I went to check on him was 9:05 p.m. and the results were the same...no food, no water on a 96 degree day.


No comments:

Post a Comment