My little Walter

Monday, September 17, 2018

Nico finally let me pet him!!!

It took almost six months but Nico finally let me pet him today.  I have no idea why he would always run away from me even though I never did anything to scare or frighten him.  On the contrary, up until six weeks I, believed him to be a "she" and I tried hard to gain his trust so I could take "her" to be fixed.


Both Paquito and Blanca walk with their tail up in the air so you could tell their sex.  Rudy and Nico do not.  It wasn't until I was feeding them and I used Paquito's leg to lift up Nico's tail so as not to frighten him and confirmed he was indeed a male.


He has such a pretty face he looks like a girl...I had named her Katya. Now that I had confirmed him to be a male, I decided to name him Nico after a Bexar County District Attorney who has a cool name...Nico LaHood.



I am so glad that Blanca had three boys so I won't have a maternity ward here but I still plan to neuter them.

2 comments:

  1. With the cats rodents shouldn't be a problem! That's a nice looking cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother's house is in the boonies, we live in Southern Val Verde County and there are a lot of rodents as well as snakes out in this part of the world.

    With that being said, "my boys" have done an excellent job hunting rats, mice, doves and snakes. Definitively a plus!

    ReplyDelete