My little Walter

Friday, August 30, 2019

Sonny and I finally bonded!

Got a late start to my morning walk thanks to Paquito.  He was laying by the front door and would not let me go by. When I finally did he followed me to the gate.  I am tired of having to bring him back as he follows me down the street so decided to feed him on top of the old washing machine in the back of the house.

He was too busy eating so I took the opportunity to head on down to the walking trail. By now it was 7:45 a.m. and rather warm but pressed on.  My new friend did not show up until I had walked around a couple of times.  I stopped to talk to him and he actually came close but not too close.  I could tell that his right eye had in the past had an injury but that is common with cats in this desert area where prickly plants abound.

The next go around I again stopped but for some reason, he took off...I never saw him again...oh these crazy cats!

A couple of hours later as I was heading into town I was at the stop sign between our street and the main street into the sub-division.  The walking trail is to the right and I could not believe I saw him actually walking on the trail and heading perhaps to the mechanic shop that is between the church and an empty lot.  That is when I wished I was like others who seem to have their cellular phone surgically attached to their hand...No, actually, I do not wish that even if I did miss a photo opportunity.

This afternoon I was so surprised when Sonny the little cat that came and made himself at home over a year ago but that will not let me touch him actually rubbed himself against one of my legs.  I could not believe it, he did it all on his own.  I just played it cool but I was so happy!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It has taken him a LONG time to show it.

      Now I have to work on him allowing me to touch him so I can take him to the vet to be fixed like my other boys.

      Delete