My little Walter

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

I am so disappointed with Paquito

I am so disappointed with Paquito. I am closer to him than to the other cats because he has had so many health issues. I have taken him to the veterinarian more times than I care to remember.

The kitchen is located in the back part of the house as it was a later addition.  I can also close the door blocking it off from the rest of the house. This is important because my mother is allergic to pet dander.

Paquito eats more than all the other cats combined. Even though he is full he parks himself by the kitchen door that leads to the porch and as soon as I open it he rushes in wanting even more food. If I do not give it to him he starts crying so loud if you did not know any better you would think he has not eaten in days.

I frequently have to go outside to hang clothes, water the plants, etc etc.  Rudy my other cat does not eat much and lately has been sleeping a lot and sneezing as he has a cold. I have been letting him come inside since it is warmer and been feeding him canned cat food and leftovers. He is sweet, well behaved and very lovable.

Well, Paquito was not having any of it...he rushed in pushed him aside and ate Rudy's food.  If that was not enough he hid under the table where I keep some of my many boxes. I finally kicked him out only to find that he had sprayed his scent.

I was so mad, had to wipe down the kitchen cabinets, mop the floors and take some of my boxes outside. I have enough work as it is without adding more to my To Do list.

He is banned from ever coming inside!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

6 comments:

  1. No, I was supposed to take them in October but I volunteered in a political campaign. Then the holidays came around and that is not a good time to go to Mexico as lines to cross the border can be quite long.

    Del Rio vets charge $220.00 to spay/neuter a cat. Mexico vets depending on the current exchange rate charge $70 to $80 USD. Basically I can pay for all three to get fixed in Mexico.

    I do not know if that would correct the problem as the other cats do not mark their territory specially not in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought getting the cat fixed would lesson the marking, my wife says they need to be fixed before they start marking.

    Getting the males fixed would be a step towards less wild cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not had a chance to read up on why cats mark their territory. I will definitively get them fixed as I did their mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. When I had a dog it wasn't any better, toilet training was an experience I would not want to repeat...that is why I have only had one dog in my life and I will never have another.

      Delete