My little Walter

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Paquito is missing

We have been having cold temperatures and strong winds in our area so I have been leaving the door to the mudroom slightly ajar so Paquito and Nico can sleep there and come and go whenever they want. 

Last night at 9:36 p.m. I went to check on them but only Paquito was fast asleep in his bed. Since I am an insomniac I get up frequently and check on things, one of them is to check on him since Nico has probably only slept there once or twice.

I made another round at 4:25 a.m. was surprised that he was not there but figured he had a nature call and would come back.  That was not the case so at 8:40 a.m. I bundled up and started looking for him. Noticed that Mr. Joe had fired up his grill so early in the morning. I called out for Paquito and walked around the yard but he was nowhere to be found.

Paquito is not like the other cats that disappear for days for one he eats a lot and likes to be served on time or he will start meowing loudly either by my window, the kitchen door, or even the front door.  By 3:15 p.m. I bundled up got my folding step stool so I could look over the fence and went about trying to find him.

I knew my lot was infested with mesquite trees but I did not realize it had so many cactus plants. While it looks intimidating the cats go to my lot all the time and are familiar with it. I called out to him but no response. I then went to the southern part of the property close to Walter's former stable but did not find him there either.


My last round was before sunset. I sure hope he is alive and comes home soon. 😭


Thank you for reading Walter's World.




7 comments:

  1. I bet he's just out catting around... be back when he's ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it be one of your neighbours is dropping your cats off at the Animal Shelter? Hope you find them soon.
    Hiding among the Cactus would be a great shelter for them.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do not have an Animal Shelter in Val Verde County.

      Delete
  3. Franklin Souze- I am sorry I had not checked comments in moderation until this evening. I have just finished a new Paquito post. Thank you for your concern.

    ReplyDelete