My little Walter

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Paquito has been a bad boy...


Post for Monday - September 2, 2019

Even without a mowed lawn our neighbor's chickens, chicks and roosters like to come to our yard, I suppose to eat worms or whatever as I do not know what poultry eat.


This little hen kept on making a lot of noise and going back and forth as if she was looking for something.


A little while later I saw Paquito coming from the back of the garage and being joined by Nico and Sonny who wanted to know what he was carrying in his mouth.


My first thought was...oh no another little bird and scolded him... but it was too late it was dead. Then he saw and heard the Momma hen and hid behind one of the trash cans that serve as my water catchment without letting go of his prey.


Later when I had a chance to zoom in on the picture, it hit me that it was not a bird but a baby chick and his mother was looking for him or her. I hate it when he does things like this :-(


 Poor little momma hen she lost her young one!



Thank you for reading Walter's World.


No comments:

Post a Comment