My little Walter

Friday, July 19, 2019

Coahuila in the forefront of animal rights

If you are new to this blog or my main one...Terlingua Dreams...I do not buy the local newspaper as neither do most other locals due to a variety of reasons that serve no purpose to be rehashed on a "pet blog".

Yesterday, when I was out and about it was very hot so decided to cool off by heading to our local library where it is downright FRIGID, but yesterday felt HEAVENLY!

To kill time as I enjoyed the very nice A/C...I decided to read the award-winning El Zocalo the daily newspaper from Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila, Mexico and also the local Del Rio News-Herald.  Truly there is no comparison and I am surprised our local newspaper is still in business.

I have always been an advocate of animal rights.  That was the main reason why I started this blog when I saw the neglect and abuse Walter suffered at the hands of his worthless owner and decided to document the abuse and my interaction with local law enforcement authorities that for the exception of one caring officer went nowhere.

A campaign to dispell the myths against
getting your pets fixed.

Del Rio has done absolutely NOTHING to curb the stray animal overpopulation in particular in Val Verde County.  One would think that our own country would not be upstaged by another, in particular, Mexico who has its own set of problem least of all stray animals.

A free clinic so citizens can sterilize
their pets

The State of Coahuila, as well as the City of Ciudad Acuña, run full-page ads on El Zocalo promoting spay/neutering that includes free sterilization as well as campaigns to donate pet food to feed homeless animals.  Wish the City of Del Rio would do the same.

A campaign to get people to donate
food for homeless animals

2 comments:

  1. A free spay/neuter clinic is a great idea when you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The city of Del Rio is always copying what San Antonio, Texas does like camping in the park during Easter.

      San Antonio for a long time had free spay/neuter clinics for the pets of Senior citizens as well as low costs clinics for the rest of the population. I do not know if they still have that program in place but wish Del Rio would emulate it.

      Delete