My little Walter

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Elvis has declared Eminent Domain

We have been having a lot of rain lately and it has been cold. Since Elvis decided to declare Eminent Domain over the other cats' cuchas along with the inside of the trash can I was not worried about him.

I opened the front door to see how much rain was falling when I saw a wet and shivering Elvis but had to close the door on him as I do not want him inside the house. Why was he out in the rain when he has where to ride it out?

The boys, on the other hand, do not. They won't even go near their former cuchas...heck they won't even go near Elvis. In some ways, I feel sorry for him as he is constantly being shunned. Only Katie, if she is hungry, will forget she dislikes him and goes to eat out of his bowl.  Sometimes he attacks her other times he lets her. This afternoon they had a minor encounter but neither one hurt one another.

Last night I let Paquito and Nico sleep in the mudroom.  I tried to get Katie to come in but she wouldn't do it. Would you believe Elvis was whining by the side door wanting to be let in?

Paquito and a fat Nico :-)

Thanks for visiting Walter's World.


Cat Humor



4 comments:

  1. Given time all the cats could unite as a family. It just takes time.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took them a while to warm up to Sonny when he showed up as a kitten but he looked like a normal cat. Poor Elvis is a bit homely looking and even scares me.

      Delete
  2. You have to wonder what the cats are thinking and conveying to each other. It is not unlike children in the same family who get along or don't.
    All your cats are true survivors. I can see a lot of humans mirroring this behavior in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder about that myself...what are they thinking and conveying to one another?

      Delete