My little Walter

Friday, April 17, 2020

Paquito napping in the street

I went looking for Paquito after he failed to come to eat his breakfast. Looked in his usual hiding places then I thought...No, he wouldn't be...sure enough with all the land my mother's house sits on he was asleep by the street side of the fence!

By the time my silly cellphone turned on, he was awake...


It worries me when he does this as there are a lot of stray dogs in the county and when he falls asleep...he drifts into a deep slumber and they could attack him.

Yesterday they ran what was supposed to be a feel-good story in the evening news.  It was about an animal shelter in Florida that had adopted out all of the dogs and cats in its care.  If anything it saddened me as so many people have lost their jobs and unfortunately, many more will continue to do so and when that happens people will barely be able to afford food for themselves and their family and these poor animals will once again be homeless, hungry and roaming the streets.

The boys and Katie have been enjoying the wonderful temperatures and sunning themselves...though for some reason I can not find the pictures of the other cats...will post them at another time :-(


Thank you for reading Walter's World.


Cat Humor


4 comments:

  1. Most dogs would be curious and sniff around first. If they were to attack they would then growl then bark. That would give Paquito enough time to flee to safety.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the moderate temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so Rick would hate to lose my baby!

      Though I have no idea WHY he would go sleep in the street when he has so much land to do so at the house.

      Delete
  2. I think cats sleep with their ears open just in case there are some dogs running around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree with you but Paquito is a different animal...jajajajajaja...just came out that way :D

      Seriously, when Paquito sleeps it is like he is in a trance you can yell at him and he is just passed out like a drunk on skid row :-(

      Delete