My little Walter

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Finally got Paquito neutered

I had to have Paquito at Clinica Veterinaria Chavarria in Ciudad Acuña between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. or lose my appointment.  I barely slept last night thinking he might pull a fast one on me like he did last month and go MIA (missing in action).

He was right by the kitchen door hoping to be served breakfast little did he know that was not possible since he had to be "fasting".  I was not ready yet but decided to place him in the cat carrier for fear he might go looking for food elsewhere.

Blogger JudithK gave me the best advice for quickly getting cats in their carrier.  Put the carrier upside down with the door facing the ceiling and simply drop them in. Quick and easy. However, nothing is easy with Paquito and he screamed, cried and clawed at the door.  I took the carrier outside and used an old nightgown to cover it and it helped to soothe him.

Parking is limited and I had to walk two blocks with him crying and moving side to side but we got him taken care of.  When I picked him up this afternoon he was calmer since he was still under sedation and had been given something for the pain. He slept all the way home.

When we arrived I gave him his food which he quickly consumed and then he went to his bed in the back bathroom / storage room / shed.

A reader e-mailed me asking how much I paid for Nico's surgery. In case anyone else is interested this particular vet charges $1,600.00 Mexican Pesos divided by today's rate of $17.30 equals $92.49 USD. This particular clinic takes your US dollars at $18.00 Mexican Pesos or $88.89 American Dollars. They also accept credit cards.

                                        Clinica Veterinaria Chavarria
                                        Matamoros No, 735 Sur
                                        Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila - México
                                        USA Cell Number  830-765-6312

It has been two days since his surgery and he seems to be doing well.  So well in fact that he did not even show up for breakfast.  I panicked and went looking for him but was unsuccessful. I did notice a bunch a bird feathers by the tree and I knew he must have had a tasty snack and was probably enjoying a nap.



Mr. Paquito finally showed up at 2:30 p.m. demanding to be fed!

4 comments:

  1. Got his own breakfast & showed up in the afternoon demanding to be fed... sounds like a cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like he is back to his old self. Hopefully the surgery will slow him down a bit.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete